Monday

is being a writer.

I am a writer. Which is only to say that I write. Many people write, some even more than me, but do not consider themselves writers in any sense. But it is my conceit that my writing is worthy of other people's attention. A banker is worthy of the title because a bank has put faith in him to bank, likewise an actor is worthy of the title because a director has cast her in a role and people watch. So now I'm looking to the internet for the edification that the banker gets from the bank and the actor gets from the director and the crowd. Descartes said I think therefore I am. So likewise some people say I write therefor I am a writer. But if a tree falls in a forest...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

  • 12 (3)
  • 11 (2)
  • 9 (8)
  • 8 (1)
  • 7 (3)
  • 6 (2)
  • 5 (4)
  • 4 (1)
  • 3 (2)
  • 2 (4)
  • 1 (4)
  • 12 (2)
  • 11 (7)
  • 9 (2)
  • 8 (3)
  • 7 (3)
  • 6 (2)
  • 5 (2)
  • 4 (3)
  • 3 (6)