Thursday

Opt out

I think I'm about ready to opt out, which is not a good thing, but sometime I think it's not that bad of a thing. You know, just kind of fade from view of the general populace. Hole up in some hotel room somewhere on the edge of civilization for 2 bucks a night. Eat my 50 cent breakfast and just ignore it all. Let go of the fighting, the private lives of actors, and the stupidity of the average consumer.
Maybe I'll step in every now and again when I have something pertinent to say. Throw the words into the fray and then step back out again.
I wouldn't even have to become a hermit. I could just deal with my life daily. Deal with the lives of the villagers around me. Help them out when their trucks are stuck, maybe lend a hand around harvest time. I could just get around speaking pidgin. Just enough of their language to get by.
'Hi how does'
or
'I fine now. You are?'
Maybe after a particularly hard day of doing whatever it is I would be doing I could go down to the watering hole and get by on the grunts that pass for conversations in places where most people can barely speak their own language.
I would just ignore all this. This god we've made out of all we've made. Just let the 9-5, one-up-manship insanity behind. Focus on my writing. Focus on the people. Focus on doing something.

1 comment:

  1. I fully agree. I'd love to move to some really cool city, get a small apt, and just do whatever work i find joy in, design something amazing. Scratch the typical 9-5. Too bad we're not independently wealthy eh?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

  • 12 (3)
  • 11 (2)
  • 9 (8)
  • 8 (1)
  • 7 (3)
  • 6 (2)
  • 5 (4)
  • 4 (1)
  • 3 (2)
  • 2 (4)
  • 1 (4)
  • 12 (2)
  • 11 (7)
  • 9 (2)
  • 8 (3)
  • 7 (3)
  • 6 (2)
  • 5 (2)
  • 4 (3)
  • 3 (6)