Wednesday

A falling out

I've had a falling out with the day
Night and I have separated
because of an ongoing affair with my computer
and work that occupies my time at all hours
Each excursion marked by the awkward pause of my exit,
a surprise meeting with a recently left lover.
"Hello sun" or "Hi moon"
I cast my eyes about
squinting, trying to get my bearings
I don't know where to look,
what to say…
What topics are out of bounds?
Do I ask if she's doing well?
Common courtesy escapes me
I lower my eyes, my brow shading my eyes
and forge ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

  • 12 (3)
  • 11 (2)
  • 9 (8)
  • 8 (1)
  • 7 (3)
  • 6 (2)
  • 5 (4)
  • 4 (1)
  • 3 (2)
  • 2 (4)
  • 1 (4)
  • 12 (2)
  • 11 (7)
  • 9 (2)
  • 8 (3)
  • 7 (3)
  • 6 (2)
  • 5 (2)
  • 4 (3)
  • 3 (6)