Friday

To The Girl I Had A Crush On, (an unsent letter)

How have you been doing? I was thinking of you today. This may come as a surprise as I never said told you, and, for reasons that I don't want to get into here, I never acted on it. Although some of those reasons seem silly now most of them were logical and I stand behind them even now. But that's not why I'm writing this letter. What brought you so forcefully to mind is I dreamt of you last night, and when I woke up it was as if I never left. I wouldn't even have remembered it but I slept poorly last night and the night is a blur of half remembered dreams and the dark interior of a strange room. In that strange stretched time of dreams we hung out for a long time. I don't remember what we were doing but in the end you put your cheek to mine in that fun, flirty way you have and I snatched a kiss. And now I miss you more than I should. It's funny how something as ephemeral as a dream can affect a person with feelings sturdy enough to colour the day. We're cities apart, and last I heard you were dating someone, but still the feelings persist, and no logic can dull them. It serves as a bitter reminder of all I left behind and raises regrets that I thought I had put to bed. And for some reason it pulled this letter from me. I won't send it. I wouldn't know the address to send it to anyways, and I it would add a strange new dimension to our relationship with no purpose. If this was a Hollywood movie I would fail at my new life here and move back, and you would be dating a jerk. We would find each other again, and, on the strength of this dream, you would dump your boyfriend and we would get together to live happily ever after in a montage. I've never liked those movies though. There's always one part where the man does something stupid and"nearly" loses the girl only to get her back a couple scenes later. So this unsent letter will have to do. I hope your boyfriend is treating you better then your last one. I'm still searching for someone like you here. That's an unfair statement, to everyone really, but not an untrue one. I'll look you up when I roll through town next. We'll catch up on old times.
Thinking of you,
A Good Friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

  • 12 (3)
  • 11 (2)
  • 9 (8)
  • 8 (1)
  • 7 (3)
  • 6 (2)
  • 5 (4)
  • 4 (1)
  • 3 (2)
  • 2 (4)
  • 1 (4)
  • 12 (2)
  • 11 (7)
  • 9 (2)
  • 8 (3)
  • 7 (3)
  • 6 (2)
  • 5 (2)
  • 4 (3)
  • 3 (6)