Monday

untitled

I'm going home to see the stars

City nights are gunpowder
The neon, noise and people
Like fireworks we explode
Drowning out the darkness

Now I'm going home to see the stars

The fantastic push
of the pent up energy
of thousands of people
intoxicates more than wine

But I'm going home to see the stars

That vaulted cathedral
of childhood memories
The bible black nights
and snow white stars

That's why I'm going home to see the stars

To see them salted across the sky
unfettered by noise and motion
to realize the vastness of the night sky
and the true size of my problems

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

  • 12 (3)
  • 11 (2)
  • 9 (8)
  • 8 (1)
  • 7 (3)
  • 6 (2)
  • 5 (4)
  • 4 (1)
  • 3 (2)
  • 2 (4)
  • 1 (4)
  • 12 (2)
  • 11 (7)
  • 9 (2)
  • 8 (3)
  • 7 (3)
  • 6 (2)
  • 5 (2)
  • 4 (3)
  • 3 (6)